link list
img for headerliner
Judge Terre L. Vandervoort background
Judge Terre L. Vandervoort
Fairfield County Juvenile/Probate Court, Lancaster, Ohio
Fairfield County
Juvenile/Probate Court:  Change of Name
location bk
Judge Terre L. Vandervoort
Judge Terre L. Vandervoort
740-652-7212 /Bio 

Magistrate Michelle L. Edgar
740-652 7212
Location Information:
Fairfield County
Juvenile/Probate Court
224 East Main Street (map)
Third Floor
Lancaster, Ohio 43130

Contact / Hours:
740-652-7464 - Probate
740-652-7463 - Juvenile
740-687-0942 - Fax

Holiday Schedule
Court Costs / Program Fees
Juvenile Court Rules / Fees
Probate Court Rules / Fees
Record Search
Instructions to Change Name
1. All documents must be typed, and all signatures must be in blue ink.
2. Instructions to Change Name
3. Applicant must be a resident of Fairfield County for one year prior to
    the filing of the Application.
4. A certified copy of your birth certificate must accompany the application.

Adult's Change of Name
1. APPLICATION: This Application must be filled out with the exact
   full name as it appears on your birth certificate and must be signed
   by you. When the hearing, is set by the court, we will  mail you a copy
   to advise you when you should appear.
2. JUDGEMENT ENTRY: You should type the names in the proper
   spaces at the top and complete the information in the middle. This
   entry will be signed by the Judge at the time of the hearing.

Minor's Change of Name
Both parents must consent to the change of name or be served a notice of the hearing to have the opportunity to appear in Court.

If you do not have a good address for the other parent, then we must publish in order to get service on them. Type the Affidavit of Service by Publication form and the Notice of Hearing on Change of Name and file these forms with the Application. We will publish it for you in the Lancaster Eagle-Gazette.

If there is no father listed on the child’s birth certificate, then we must publish for unknown father, or if a paternity action has been established then we need a copy of the Entry.

Judge Vandervoort requires you to bring the child to the hearing with you.

If the original birth certificate is from Ohio, we will send a certified copy of the Judge’s Entry to the State Department and you should receive your copy of the corrected birth certificate in about eight weeks. If the original birth certificate is from a different state, you will need to mail the Judge’s Entry to that state office in order for them to change the child’s birth record.

If you have questions, please contact:
Jennifer Nash: 740-652-7490
Probate Office: 740-652-7464