Begin the Application Process Online
Once you have completed the online application, call the Fairfield County Juvenile Probate Clerk's Office [MAP] at 740-652-7485 during our regular business hours (Monday-Friday: 8:00am-4:00pm).
• One party must be a current resident of the county or
• Both parties live out of state.
• If under 18, please call 740-652-7488 for specific requirements.
WHAT DO I NEED TO APPLY?
• $65.00 money order or $67 credit card (includes a $2.00 processing fee)
• Proof of identification: drivers' license, state ID card, passport, military ID
• Proof of residency: If your proof of identification does not show your current address,
please bring a utility bill or statement with your current address.
• Certified copy of birth certificate if 18 or under; no proof of age if 19 or older.
• If either party has been previously married, a certified or file-stamped copy of the most recent divorce or dissolution decree.
• If you are not a U.S. citizen, a passport or resident alien card is required.
• If you have legally changed your name, a certified copy of the judgment entry.
Your license will be issued by mail immediately after the application process has been completed.
WHERE AND HOW LONG IS THE LICENSE VALID?
• License is valid for 60 days from the date issued.
• License is valid anywhere in the state of Ohio, if you are a resident.
• License issued to out-of-state residents are valid only in the county where it was issued.
A blood test is no longer required.
There is no longer a waiting period before the license is issued.
Wedding ceremonies are not performed by the judge or at the courthouse.
Please include your name and your spouse’s name at the time you applied for your license, your date of your marriage, and a contact number in case we have questions about the record you seek. Purchased certified copies will be mailed or made available for pickup at the Hall of Justice by appointment.