Juvenile and Probate Court
Custody Information

Juvenile Court has concurrent jurisdiction with Domestic Court in this county. By agreement of the Courts, all changes of custody between parents or relatives will be handled through the Domestic Court.

Juvenile Court handles the following types of temporary custody changes:

• By agreement of parent(s) to a non-relative. View Detailed instructions.
• Cases involving abuse, neglect or dependency filed by Child Protective Services.

Please note that custody changes are not granted for school purposes only.

Also see, Grandparent Affidavit/Power of Attorney